Thursday, March 10, 2011

Not only does it seem like time is running out but time is actually running out.

Now that I'm over the hill I find myself having conversations like the following:

in the workplace:
me: I don't know about you but my time is important to me. I can't watch The Social Network because no one can give me back the 90 minutes it'll take to watch that movie.
co-worker: you can fast forward through the parts you don't like.
me: I have more years behind me than in front of me and I plan to go to my grave not having watched The Social Network.

lunch with vendor:
me: Life is short and I'm not going to spend one minute doing anything I don't want to do or spend time with people I don't want to see.
vendor: I agree.

And in the midst of this I've been thinking that I've been extra blunt with folks lately (this relates to the life is short philosophy). I checked Miss C's blog and had to laugh. She posted this quote from me to her:

"Did you wake up today and look in the mirror and tell yourself that you're going to be an idiot today, because that's what you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment