Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Raging Bull

I have a really bad habit. Or maybe I don't have a bad habit, but I have a habit and a preference. I have to watch one movie per day.

I'm currently working on my Top 100 Movies of All Time and so I'm revisiting all the DVDs and VHS tapes in my collection thus the buying of new movies to fill in the gaps has begun.

This past weekend I watched Raging Bull. Usually I have a very good memory for hte time, place, and format for when I've viewed movies. I have to say, when & where I first/last time watcehd Raging Bull I cannot pinpoint. It might have been art school back in 1989? This is definitely the sort of film to be taught.

The film has aged well, which is to say it hasn't really aged at all. There might be a few strands of gray hair here, maybe a couple of extra pounds around the waist, but otherwise it's in really great shape especially when you consider that it's 30 years old.

There's no reason to bore you by hashing what's been said over the years about what a great movie this is.

Instead I'd recommend it based on the following: bored by the multiplex, don't mind a bit of violence (in and out of the ring), looking to watch several power house performances -- time to watch Raging Bull.

If you can -- watch it on the largest screen possible (50" plasma?), pop a batch of popcorn, sit back and enjoy.

e

No comments:

Post a Comment