Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Today was one of those days.

I got out of bed early to frost the second red velvet cake in as many days. I let the homemade food processor poured fondant sit overnight even though it was supposed to sit for 24 hours before being used in a recipe. (Have I ever mentioned that I'm impatient?)

No matter how much time I spent trying to chase down every last lump of cream cheese the cream cheese  tiny bits of cream cheese refused to be smoothed out. And I knew it was time to step up to the major leagues. I purchased this bad boy. Disgustingly gorgeous or what?

Next up I have to purchase a digital thermometer and a digital scale. And then maybe a couple of winning lottery tickets to help pay for what is turning into a rather epensive hobby.

Luckily that new wardrobe in XXL might not be needed as soon as I anticipated. I'm able to eat one or two slices and call it a day (or rather a week). My current wardrobe is not fitting as snugly as it was two weeks ago.

This afternoon I headed to Betty to sample their red velvet cake. I wasn't a fan of the icing but I like the texture and flavor of the cake.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Hell's Kitchen to check out Amy's Bread. Next week I'm going to give their coconut cream cake a whirl. I'd give it a shot sooner but I do have to get back to writing.

I know. Life is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment