Sunday, January 23, 2011

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Until today at around 11:30 am -- as I was getting settled into my seat to sit back, "relax," and enjoy Black Swan -- I'd been pretty ambivalent to the whole steam punk subculture. Not that I have anything against steam or punks or subcultures it's just that I farmed for a year and if the steam punks took things to their logical conclusion they'd realize they have a cute aesthetic on their minds but nothing that's sustainable. After seeing the trailer for Sucker Punch I'm definitely thinking we should bring back dirigibles. Maybe for like a week. And even though I'd be hard-pressed to set foot in Disney Land (or World) or any 7 Flags Theme Park anytime soon, this movie could be transformed into an awesome ride. A la Indian Jones. 

Hot chicks with machine guns, slaying dragons. Yes Zack Snyder you can have my $13.00. (And Yes I liked Watchmen and the 300.)

No comments:

Post a Comment