Thursday, December 9, 2010

I'm just back to New York City. It's the same grimy expensive place it was when I left a few weeks back. But I'm not the same grimy dude I was when I left.

C was cool enough to loan me the use of her house in rural Massachusetts where I holed up and spent my time working on a novel. Never before have I allowed myself to focus all my intention and most of my energy in the waking state, on writing. It'll be some time before I get any feedback on the manuscript and I hope folks don't think it's total crap. But wow, what a way to pass the time.

The photo (below) is me in my writing get-up. I bought new clothes to write in. I'm sporting a gray sweater, a gray shirt, and gray hair (!). Normally I don't wear sweaters and I don't have such long hair but as the outdoor temps were in the low 30s and 20s, to fight catching my death of cold I went for the sweater and hippie era hair.

Tomorrow I'm going to do two things one cannot do in rural Massachusetts: ride the subway and buy a falafel sandwich near Ground Zero. Fucking cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment