Monday, April 5, 2010

Country living continues


Sometimes I'm disturbed by the way my brain works. I find myself living my life, minding my own business (more or less) and then suddenly I'll be taken hold of by an idea. And when I say taken hold of I mean, "Held in a firm grasp, unable to escape." So when we discovered over an acre of Asiatic Bittersweet on the land I had "that feeling." I couldn't sleep at night knowing there was an invasive species threatening to "take over" and there was something I could do to change that and instead I was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling.

A pair of Felco #7 pruners changed all that.

Now I spend my days removing the bittersweet by hand. And I spend my nights wishing it were the day so I could remove the bittersweet. If you're picking up on an obsessive quality, you've hit that nail square on the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment